09.16.01 - Board of Barbers - Final Regulations
FINAL ACTION ON REGULATIONS
MARYLAND REGISTER, VOLUME 45, ISSUE 20,
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2018
Subtitle 16 BOARD OF BARBERS
09.16.02 Barber Shops
Authority: Business Occupations and Professions Article, Title 4, Annotated Code of Maryland
Notice of Final Action
On September 10, 2018, the Board of Barbers adopted amendments to Regulation .04 under COMAR 09.16.02 Barber Shops. This action, which was proposed for adoption in 45:15 Md. R. 731 (July 20, 2018), has been adopted as proposed.
Effective Date: October 8, 2018.
Board of Barbers
.04 Shop — General.
A.—D. (text unchanged)
E. Mobile Barbershops.
(1) All mobile units shall prominently display on the outside of the unit the name of the non-mobile barbershop that serves as the mobile unit's permanent base address.
(2) All health and safety rules governing barbering shall apply to mobile units unless otherwise specified.
(3) All storage containers, cabinets, and drawers shall have safety catches.
(4) All equipment not in storage cabinets or drawers shall be securely anchored.
(5) A ramp or lift shall be provided for access to the mobile unit if providing services for disabled individuals.
(6) Services may not be provided while the mobile unit is in motion.
(7) The owners of mobile units shall be responsible for adherence to all local, State and federal laws and regulations regarding the operation of vehicles to be used as mobile units.
(8) An itinerary showing dates, locations and times of service shall be made available, upon request, to an authorized representative of the board.
[E.] F. (text unchanged)
[F. The Board may initiate a criminal prosecution of a person operating a barber shop without a valid permit.]