09.22.02 - Board of Cosmetologists - Final Regulations
FINAL ACTION ON REGULATIONS
MARYLAND REGISTER, VOLUME 45, ISSUE 21,
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2018
Subtitle 22 BOARD OF COSMETOLOGISTS
09.22.02 Beauty Salons
Authority: Business Occupations and Professions Article,Title 5, Annotated Code of Maryland
Notice of Final Action
On September 24, 2018, the Board of Cosmetologists adopted amendments to Regulation .01 under COMAR 09.22.02 Beauty Salons. This action, which was proposed for adoption in 45:13 Md. R. 669 (June 22, 2018), has been adopted as proposed.
Effective Date: October 22, 2018.
Acting Executive Director
A.—C. (text unchanged)
D. Mobile Salons.
(1) All mobile units shall prominently display the name of the non-mobile beauty salon that serves as the mobile unit’s permanent base address on the outside of the unit.
(2) All health and safety rules governing cosmetology shall apply to mobile units unless otherwise specified.
(3) All storage containers, cabinets, and drawers shall have safety catches.
(4) All equipment not placed in storage cabinets or drawers shall be securely anchored.
(5) A ramp or lift shall be provided for access to the mobile unit if providing services for disabled individuals.
(6) Services may not be provided while the mobile unit is in motion.
(7) The owners of mobile units shall be responsible for adherence to all local, State, and federal laws and regulations regarding the operation of vehicles to be used as mobile units.
(8) An itinerary showing dates, locations, and times of service shall be made available, upon request, to an authorized representative of the board.
[D.] E.—[E.] F. (text unchanged)