Skip to Main Content

I have a question or complaint about my credit union - Financial Regulation

The Office of the Commissioner of Financial Regulation ("Commissioner") supervises all Maryland-chartered credit unions, but has no supervisory authority over any credit union that is federally chartered or headquartered in another state.

Before filing an inquiry or complaint, please review Institutions We Supervise. If your credit union is a Federal Credit Union (the word Federal or the letters "FCU" will likely be in the credit union's name), you should contact the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). NOTE: There is a possibility that a state-chartered credit union will have federal in its name (e.g. Federal Employees), but this will be rare.

National Credit Union Administration Contact Information

Hours of Operation: 8:00a.m. to 6:00p.m. EST Mon - Fri
Toll Free Number: 1-800-755-1030
Mailing Address:
National Credit Union Administration
1775 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-3428