Apply for an Original Shop Permit - Barbers
- Apply for an original sole proprietor or partnership shop permit online
- Apply for an original corporate shop permit online
- A partnership, corporation, or limited liability company through which barbering is practiced in Maryland must hold a permit issued by the Board.
- All barbershop applicants must provide evidence of the business' Good Standing status with the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT). Evidence may be provided by printing a results screen from SDAT's Charter Record Search database. Once the business entity is located through the search, click on the "General Info" link. Print that window, and send it to the Board. There is no fee due to SDAT for printing the window.
- As a requirement, along with the submission of this application you are required to provide copy of your Use and Occupancy permit issued by your jurisdiction's governing Zoning Board. You may mail a copy to the following address, 1100 N. Eutaw St., Baltimore, MD 21201, or for faster service you may instead, e-mail email@example.com with the required documents attached. When sending this information by mail or email, please be sure to include the barbershop's name, the owners' name, full address of the barbershop and contact information (e-mail address and phone number) for the individual handling the application and inspection process for the Barbershop. Applications will be subject to denial if the Use and Occupancy or any required documentation is not received by the Board within 30 days of the application date. Please also be informed that if denied, the application fee is non-refundable.
License Period: Two-year period from the date of issuance.