Manufactured/Mobile Homes - Building Code Administration
Manufactured (Mobile) homes are governed by the U.S. Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, which provides that preemptive national standards for the design and construction of manufactured homes shall be developed and administered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Approval of mobile home inspection agencies and mobile home plans is also now a responsibility of HUD or its agent. Maryland Regulation 05.02.04.15 does, however, cover the functions of the Department as a State Administrative Agency under HUD programs.
- What is a Manufactured/Mobile Home?
- HUD Manufactured Home Program
- Manufactured Housing Institute of Maryland
- Manufactured Home Complaint Form (Word)
- The Manufactured Home HUD-Administered State Installation Program
- Manufactured Home Dispute Resolution Program
For additional information, contact:
Department of Labor
Division of Labor and Industry
Building Codes Administration
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Room 606
Baltimore, MD 21201