Decedent Checklist - Real Estate Commission
Download this document.
PLEASED BE ADVISED THAT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS REQUIRED WHEN REPORTING A DECEDENT LICENSEE.
- Attach a copy of the death certificate or obituary.
- Provide the name of the licensee (include Nickname if any).
- Provide license/registration number(s) of the decedent.
- Date licensee passed away.
IF YOU ARE A FAMILY MEMBER OF A DECEASED BROKER §17-319 ALLOWS:
- an adult, qualified family member to serve as Acting Broker for 6 months to close and terminate the business in order to complete pending real estate transactions.
- for an adult family member with a license to sit for the exam without completing the course in advance of exam if that:
- family member has 3 years-experience of active sales person license for the immediate preceding 3 years.
- person passes the broker exam before the 6 month deadline.
However, if the licensee does not pass within those 6 months the licensee cannot continue as Acting Broker. The business must close or hire a licensed broker to continue operations.
If you have questions, please call the Maryland Real Estate Commission at 410-230-6200 or via e-mail at DLMRECfirstname.lastname@example.org.